Monday, October 23, 2006

what should i expect from God?

So I promised a friend that I would blog, and Im a little late. We had a pretty busy weekend. We did a youth service at our church (and may I say it rocked!) we did all four services. I was wiped out yesterday.

On Friday afternoon we had a real scare though. FYI Kara and I are expecting our third child. Isaac has a history of medical problems starting at pregnancy, hes doing great now. Our second son Elijah passed away after birth due to medical problems. This pregnancy we are so very nervous because of our history.

Friday afternoon Kara called me because she was bleeding red. I rushed home and we called the doctor. It was a sign of a miscarriage. We went to ER the next morning and the baby was okay. We found out it was sub-corionic bleeding (the separating and reattaching of the placenta from the uterine wall). If it continues there is a risk that we could lose the baby.

Some people think that we deserve to have a normal pregnancy after all weve been through. Some people think that God now owes us a good pregnancy. Some are Christians, some are not. I got to thinking about this idea of what I deserve and what God owes me. I couldnt think of anything that God owed me. I couldnt think of anything that I deserved from him. He has already given me more than I deserve. If God never gave me another thing the rest of my life he would still be a loving God because he has given me far beyond what I already deserve.

So many Christians say to me, well we are believing that God will give you a healthy pregnancy. Do we have the right to expect anything from God? He has already given me more than I deserve, and he will continue to give me grace and mercy on a daily basis that I do not deserve. So the question of the day is, should I expect in faith that God will give us a healthy pregnancy? Many thought that after Isaac we deserved a normal pregnancy. We lost him. I do not understand God and his plan and his way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your outlook on life and GOD are a good example and reminder to me. may GOD continue to bless you in anyway HE sees fit. we will continue to hold all of you in our prayers.

Margie said...

what a great post, He gives us more than we deserve. I for one am glad God never gives me what I deserve, but He gives me a life of love, grace, and mercy. I will be praying for all of you.