Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Not Alone!

Our area is having a tough time financially, especially churches. Our unemployment rate is up in the 10%-15% which hurts area families, businesses, and churches. I have been trying to find a youth pastor in Belding, but there are none. I am the only paid youth pastor in our area! I have never been in an area like this before.

With that said, last night I went to a band practice for a worship team. I am in this worship team. the team is put together from the area Belding churches for a community wide church service in honor of our town turning 150. the Sesquicentennial Birthday. 50 years ago, at the 100, they did one of these and brought in the writer of the hymn "The Old Rugged Cross" who apparently lived in the area.

Well anyways, at this band practice I met another pastor from a Church Plant going up in Belding. I got so excited to hear about this church plant. It is exactly what our area needs. It will focus on young un-churched families, which our area is crawling with them. The church planters were youth pastors in Lowell and are now planting this church in Belding. So I sat and talked with this guy for almost two hours in my driveway last night. I am geeked to do some networking! Finally something that resembles a youth pastor in our area. (Officially he is the worship pastor, but he WAS in youth ministry and that is the closest I have to networking outside of my church with another youth pastor.

A guy in Greenville (7 miles north) has started a Alliance of Youth Pastors, and wanted to start one in Belding, but then found out that there are none in Belding. Not one. Pray for our area, we need some more people who will get out of their little bubble of life and start advancing the Kingdom of God in our area.

No comments: