Friday, October 12, 2007

The Down Side to Living in the Country


As it is probably common knowledge now, I hate spiders. I hate them with a passion. Why God created them and called them good is a question I will save for later when we meet in heaven. This said, I was in the garage looking for some tools to do something and I noticed a large something on our love seat that is still in the garage.

I went over and saw this atrocity of nature. I ran in the house and got Kara to come and look at this freak of nature that is in our house. She looked and also had the expected response of awe and disgust. I ran inside to get the hairspray (it really works folks). I gave the hairspray to Kara and also my flip flop so I could get the camera, (and she could handle the spider.)

I came out and we got these shots. Kara was brave enough to place this pen there for size purposes, and then she took it away without flinching. Next on the agenda was the task of ridding humanity of this monster. we had to do it, it was for the good of mankind. Kara proceeded to spray the beast with hairspray, it lasted for about 30 seconds, then she slammed my flip flop down upon the beast. I, being a bit inspired now to be a man, then proceeded to punch the flip flop repeatedly.

Kara then lifted up the flip flop and made a squeely eeky noise as the beast rose upon its legs trying to free itself of the sticky hairspray, it was unsuccessful, for Kara then slammed the flip flop down upon the beast, and I then proceeded to punch it again and again, until I heard crunching noises and I think a small groan come from below the flip flop.

Kara lifted the flip flop to find that the beast was indeed crushed and dead. She is the knight in shining armor, and I am the traveling minstrel and armor bearer who helps out when I can in this story. And there you have it, and now I do not go in our garage anymore alone for fear that his family may come too seek repercussions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom you are so brave Ha ha. What would you have done with out Kara? Love Ya Grandma