Monday, June 04, 2007

Student Service

We took over all four services at church this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We honored the graduating seniors and gave them a book, Everything Counts, by Steve L. Case. It is Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest adapted for students.

Word got out that we were doing the student service, and they loaded up on CDs and DVDs. Last student service was the highest requested service in CD and DVD format last year, nearly double of what they normally do.

Some Highlights of the Service:

1. Hearing the Worship Team. Caleb, Christian, Chelsey, Morgan, J.D., and Justin sounded amazing. The vocals were so perfect. I am so very proud of the way this team has developed over the year. I am spoiled to get to worship on a weekly basis with such talent.

2. Seeing Pam, Tom, Kylie, and Mara honor the graduates, and seeing the graduates awkwardly try to figure out what to say when they were asked what they were going to do. The best answer came from Josh, "get a job."

3. Preaching in my bare feet. It was good enough for Moses, and it is good enough for me too.

4. Getting feedback! Being a youth pastor doesn't get you a lot of feedback. You could have a service that changed a life drastically and that person will not speak a word of it to you. In the service though, people give you feedback, it was different.

5. Rob offering to get me some food in between services

6. I officiated my first communion. I did not plan on it, or plan it in to the service, but when I showed up early Sunday morn, Lo and behold communion was ready to go. It was really cool, and a very worshipful time for me.

7. My wife telling me she was proud of me

No comments: