Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm Tired Today

I am really tired today and feeling really down. No time to explain the whys, but just know that I am. Then I walk into the office and check my mailbox and got a rather late, but well timed letter of encouragement.

Dear Pastor Tom,

I am so late in writing to tell you this. I was so blessed by the service you and the youth did several weeks ago. The music and the spirit of the worship team did an excellent job of leading us in worship and I appreciate your transparency about yourself. Particularly I sensed the joy you have in your life even for the small things.

I love all our pastors, pray for you often, and admire the variety of strengths you all bring to the Church. The Lord bless you.

Thanks to the writer of the letter, I needed that today. Criticism and badmouthing travel far faster and farther than the positive stuff, so it was great to get this letter.

No comments: