Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Good Stuff

I am a passionate believer that if I am to have anything interesting to say when I get up in front of people, I have to have a steady stream of input coming into my life. I do this by reading and listening to other speakers. Here is a list of this years good stuff so far.

Great books that I have read this year:
Sex God: Rob Bell.
Return of the Prodigal Son: Henri Nouwen
Wounded Healer: Henri Nouwen
Made to Stick: Chip Heath & Dan Heath
How to read the Bible for all it's worth: Gordon Fee & Douglas Stewart

Books I am reading now:
Following Jesus, Biblical Reflections on Discipleship: N.T. Wright
Creating Community: Andy Stanley & Bill Willits
The Connecting Church: Randy Frazee
How to Read a Book: Adler & VanDoren

Speakers I am listening to often
Rob Bell
Erwin McMannus
N.T. Wright
Noel Heikkinen

Fiction I have Read this year
Lord of the Rings series: J.R.R. Tolkein

Fiction I am reading
2001 A Space Odyssey: Arthur C. Clark

Fiction I will read
State of Fear: Michael Crichton

No comments: