Friday, February 13, 2009

A Good Day

Today has been a good day.

First off, I got this letter:

Dear Pastor Tom,

In the spirit of all the negativity lately
and your sermon last Sunday - I felt
perhaps it is time to step up to the plate
and commend you on your sermon.
-We are so quick to criticize and/or forget
1.) I was taken aback with the
quote on Blessed are those who mourn
for they will be comforted.
As I mentioned at coffee
I never got that - It does make
much more sense with the vast
impact of the Sermon on the Mt.
2.) The words "Salt & Light" have
been plauging me all week -what
a simple reminder of truth with
a (little) spice!
I just mentioned to my boss the
above & wonder if I should put a
salt shaker on my desk as a
reminder!
Tom, things change minute
by minute, all we can do is
keep moving forward step by
little step & be sure our motives
are pure- we all have a part
of ourselves that wants to be
puffed up or recognized- I do as well
but unless I'm mistaken that takes
away somewhat from the love one
anotehr and humility clause in
the Bible
If you wish, share this w/
Kendall & keep your chin
up- I always have a hug
available!

That was a great pick me up. As you may remember from my last letter I received, I am a little hesitant to read letters sent to me. But I am glad I opened this one.

Then I got another letter donating $200 to a member of our Guatemala team annonymously.

Then I got an e-mail letting me know that I won a $50 gift card to Home Depot from Barganeering.com He e-mailed me:

"1 out of 664 chance... you got it. :)
Thanks for the kind words, I hope you keep reading!
Cheers,
Jim"

Man what a day today!

No comments: