Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Simply Missions



Our Guatemala trip was done through an organization out of Lansing named Simply Missions. Joe Neill is the head of this organization and was key to setting up our trip for us.
There are a few reasons why I chose to go through SM instead of trying to do everything myself.
1. I can't do everything myself very well. I wanted this trip to be the best experience that it could be, and that meant getting help from a very qualified individual.
2. I did not feel like a cog in a machine. Many missions organizations are very big, and impersonal. I knew that I could call or e-mail Joe and get responses fast to questions.
3. I did not have to squeeze my team into a "ministry model" and try to be something we were not. We were able to be ourselves and offer the gifts that God had uniquely assembled into our team to the missionaries.
4. I did not have to worry about setting up the details of travel, itinerary, lodging etc...
5. Joe provided our team with a devotional book to study through while we were down there on Ephesians 6.

There was a lot that I DID have to do for this trip, but Simply Missions freed me from the details so that I could focus on the big stuff that needed to get done.

If you are looking for a missions organization for Short Term Missions in your church. Check out Simply Missions. www.simplymissions.org

No comments: