Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Youth Ministry

Some days y job is really hard. People don't listen and I watch them make bad mistakes that I advised against. I plead with people to make Christ the center of their lives because it is the best way of life, and then watch some make self the focus of their life. The Apostle Paul describes being a pastor like a woman in labor, but it does not end, because you are always laboring to see Christ come to be a reality for people. Fun.

Well today is not one of those days. I just got this e-mail:

Hi Tom!
Thanks for contacting ***** about coming to Youth Group. He's been making some bad choices lately but wants to get back on track. We just keep loving him and praying...a lot! He said that you emailed him that you didn't care where he'd been just where he's going.
That little statement meant a lot to him. You do make a difference.

Need I say more. This is also on top of being a hard frustrating job, a very rewarding one when you get feedback like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that's awesome! I love getting encouraging notes like that, too. Keep up the great work!