Monday, October 06, 2008

Guatemala Preview 08: Antigua

We decided it was time for some fun. We got in the cars and drove over the mountains to a tourist village called Antigua. Antiua was destroyed by an earthquake not too long ago and when they rebuilt, they passed a law that stated that any rebuilding that took place had to replace what was standing before exactly how it had been.

The result is a city that looks like you walked back in time 300 years. The streets are all cobblestone, the houses are all traditional colors. We walked around the marketplace and bought some souvenirs for our families and stopped to get some coffee.

I had an espresso and brownie. The espresso was so good I could drink it black. I did.

Antigua was a great break to take some time and have fun and shop a bit. I bought the boys and Kara one thing a piece and saved the rest of my money for a bag of coffee to bring home.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: