Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I got this today

Christian youth and Family Night
There will be no smoking or alcohol in the bowling center during this event
Come Bowl...while listening to today's Christian Rock and Praise and Worship!

As we all know, Jesus said, "Go and be the light of the world by secluding yourself and withdrawing yourself from society. Do not listen to their music, do not wear their clothes, do not hang out with such people, and most certainly, NEVER NEVER NEVER be around a non-christian while they are drinking or smoking."

I know whoever is putting this on means well, but I think we may be missing the point on church events like this. Why should we kick all the "non-Christians" out of a bowling alley so we can "have fun without them spoiling it all with their dirty language and habits." I think this attitude is a wee bit condescending and self-righteous.

Just my thoughts. Do what you want with it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: