Monday, October 06, 2008

Guatemala Preview 08: going home

After five days of adventure in the mountains and villages of Guatemala, we boarded our place for Huston, Texas (with the help of this very proffessional sign the Guatemalan airport made for us out of drywall and paint.)

I have a great knowledge of what a team can do onthis trip,and what our team can do when we get there in July. This trip was so very valuable. It did many things:

1. It gave me the opportunity to preview the missions trip and speak about it first hand from experience, and not from, "well I heard that we may..."

2. It gave me the opportunity to do a mini missions trip with 5 guys without being the leader of the trip, constantly leading, and preparing. I had a chance to participate as a part of the team without the worries of leading a large team. Priceless.

3. I had a chance to get away and experience adventure with a bunch of guys I did not know, in a place where I was not familiar, with a people who I cannot communicate with by words, but by actions. I loved every second of this trip and would relive any part of it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

4. I got to witness a barfight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: