Sunday, February 18, 2007

FamilyLife Marriage Conference pt 2

this is a picture of one of the rooms. Ours was a bit smaller than this, but looked very similar. Here are my thoughts on Saturday morning:

We are staying at the Amway Grand in Grand Rapids for the weekend. It is so nice. It is one of those classy old hotels with expensive everything and servants everywhere. There was even a shoe shiner downstairs! 6$ for a shine.

We are at the weekend to remember marriage conference and loving it. This is Kara and I first time to get away since Isaac was born. He is over three years old now. We are both loving the time together, it’s like a second honeymoon. Wink wink.

The conference is great, the talk last night was weird to sit through because it was the exact points that I made on Wednesday for our sex series. We are selfish in nature, we approach love in the same way, selfishly, media shapes our way of thinking about what love and sex really are. He used better illustrations though. He said that most people approach marriage like a tick approaches a dog, but we are two ticks, not a tick and a dog.

This conference has been making me think about myself, my actions, and my motivations for a lot of things and I have come to the conclusion that I am the most selfish person I know. I will have to work on that.

No comments: