Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Sex Talk

I have to admit that I had so much fun yesterday. We started our Sex series. Now a lot of youth pastors cringe on this talk, but I had fun. I loved to hear comments afterwards like, "my priest would never say that!" and "I didn't know you were aloud to talk about this in church." I had them laughing, blushing, thinking, and surprised with the talk.

I spoke on Genesis 2 and 1 Corinthians 6. God's plan and our plan and how they differ. I like to ask really tough questions like, "if love is so great, then why does it hurt so much?" and "If you are such an expert on dating and love then why are you so lonely?" and "If love is a game with rules, tactics, and strategies, then who loses this game?"

Over all, it was a blast. I think I should speak on this more often, it was too much fun for only once a year.

No comments: