Friday, February 23, 2007

Gas and Church pt 1

I was driving to church today and saw a sight that baffled me. There are two gas stations in town a Wesco, and a Marathon. They are right across the street from each other. The Marathon was empty, barren, no one there getting gas, the Wesco on the other hand was jumpin'. There were people waiting in line for gas.

The question that immediately popped into my mind was: "why don't they go over across the street to get gas, its the same thing?" And then a question popped into my mind that I thought I needed to ponder for awhile, "Why do some people flock to certain churches and others are barren and empty, we are "selling" the same thing?"

I don't have answers yet, sorry, I have to think about this one. If you got any suggestions I'd like to hear it,

2 comments:

James Raitz said...

sometimes its not about the product you sell, its about the way you sell it

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom!
Maybe the gas station with no business was out of gas - like alot of churches.