Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quiet before the storm

I just got back from vacation yesterday, so today is my first day back in the office. We stayed at Kara's parents house and visited family the whole time. It was relaxing and fun. This is most definitley the quiet before the storm. My Fall schedule is going to be very taxing.

If you do not know yet, the teaching pastor at my church moved to North Carolina with his wife to be close to family and go back to seminary. On top of that the founding pastor of our church retired this year, so we are down to two pastors for a 600- 700 member congregation. So I am moving into the teaching pastor mode and doing the youth ministry.

I am ready for the load, but it is going to be crazy and stressful so I am glad that I got a vacation and family time in before it all starts.

My Fall schedule looks like this so far:
September week 1:

Wednesday night for student ministry
1. writing messages
2. Leading adults
3. writing small group materials
4. planning out the weekly service

September week 2

Wednesday night for student ministry

Speaking in Church:
1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2. I am speaking at the services on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th
3. Weddings: I am performing a wedding in Ada on the 13th, and then I have to speed back to church to speak at the service.

September Week 3

1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2.Missions Trip Planning: I am going to Guatemala to plan out a missions trip from Sept 18th - 23rd

September week 4

1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2. Start the Discsipleship class at church offered after all services

October Weeks 1-3
1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2. Discipleship class after all weekend services continues

October week 4
1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2. Speaking in all services on weekend

November week 1
1. Wednesday night for student ministry
2. Tag team speaking in all services on weekend with Kendall

That is where our fall planning stops for now.

No comments: