Friday, January 19, 2007

movie review: lady in the water

So, I don't really get around to too many newer movies, but I am a M. Night Shyamalan fan so I had to rent this one. It was really weird, but if you are a fan you will like it. I really like M. Night's style. He has a way of doing movies that is different.

This movie, unlike his other flics, does not have a twist that boggles the mind. It does, however, have a really cool story line with some good acting. It is a fairy tale meets joe shmoe apartment complex kinda movie. Weird, but it works.

I am probably going to watch this flic with our Leadership team from church. The underlying message of the movie is finding your place and purpose, and fulfilling it, because if you don't the plan doesn't succeed. We will also watch this for a bible study movie night with the students too. It was a really good movie.

No comments: