Monday, April 23, 2007

Nolan Levi : Day One



(I had no access to internet for the past few days, so the following was written on Friday)

Man what a day! Well we woke up to a phone call this morning from Kara’s physician, Dr. Murphy, saying, “I want to deliver this baby today.” He had reviewed the ultrasound we had yesterday and saw that Kara was building amniotic fluid fast, he didn’t want to go any further. So we went in and for those of you who haven’t heard yet, we had a baby boy today, Nolan Levi, at 4:28pm. He was 7 lbs 9 oz, 19 ½ Inches long. We are loving him so much. It was one of the most joyous moments of my life to hear him cry for the first time!

He is short and pudgy, with dark hair and very round features. I was thinking that he would be a little clone of me and Isaac, but he is not, he is short and round, not tall and thin. He is the cutest. I think that if you blended the features of Isaac and Samantha, my niece, you would get Nolan.

Our Doctor had a hard time putting Kara back together though. She had what was called a “window” on her uterus from previous pregnancies. The “window” is where the uterus is stretched so thin that it is merely one layer thick, and is hard to stitch back together. But our doctor believes that all will be well. I pray he is correct. This means that we are officially done with birthing any more children. But we already came to that conclusion before we knew of this.

After the long wait to stitch Kara back up, I got the coolest job on the planet, spreading the news. I started first by calling my Dad, who was at work and could not get away due to the suddenness of the event. I gave him the great news, then my cell phone signal died. So I went into the waiting room and told Kara’s parents and brother Derek and his wife April. That was fun. I then got my cell phone signal back and I called my mom, my church, my pastor, and all our friends. It was great fun.

The rest of the day was spent resting, and waking every hour or two to assist with feedings.

No comments: