Friday, May 18, 2007

Book Reveiw : Contemplative Youth Ministry

I just finished Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli. This book was amazing. I read it all in five days. This book gives so many great ideas for youth ministry. If your church is a small church with no youth minister, this is a great book to implement with a group of adult volunteers. If you are in a large church, this book is great for keeping the focus on God, not entertainment.

I had no idea what to expect with a title like "Contemplative Youth Ministry" but it explains itself very well. I found that it not only gave me great ideas and insights into youth ministry, but also into my own faith and walk with God.

It encouraged me to slow down and live in the awareness of God's presence. And take that into the way that I minister. I loved it. Every youth pastor should read this book. Period.

Five stars out of five

1 comment:

Jason Raitz said...

I don't think you have enough books listed on your wish list...haha. Peace my friend