Friday, May 04, 2007

Book Review: Advanced Strategic Planning

My pastor, Kendall, bought the staff a book early last year from Aubrey Malphurs called ministry nuts and bolts. That was an amazing book that transformed the foundations of how I structure youth ministry. I loved it so much that I decided to get the advanced book. I just finished this book, and it is the most amazing book on church planning I have ever read.

If you are in ministry leadership, or are going into ministry leadership, you have to read this book. It took me four months to read, only because I would pause and start implementing and re-reading sections over and over until I got them.

I can't say enough about how amazing this book was for me, and planning the foundations of our youth ministry. The book walks you through crafting your values, mission, vision, and strategy. This is NOT a cookie cutter ministry style to adopt, but a system to walk through to find your unique ministry style for your unique congregation and place.

No comments: