Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Hands Are Greasy

Kara and I own (yes own) a 1993 Buick Roadmaster (or "the Hog" as I like to call it). Don't laugh it has a 350 in it. Some really great people in church donated it to us, and it is in great condition. They helped us go to a 2 car family, for which we are grateful.

The past few months has been a but tight on the budget, we had to replace the radiator and the water pump, one after another. On mother's day, we went to visit Kara's parents. We had a big fish fry and ate till we were sick (literally for my father in law) It was a great time, but we left later than we anticipated. We wanted to leave at 8:30, but we left at more like 10. It is a two hour drive.

So when we got home, I was exhausted and wanted to sleep, so we unloaded the car, put the boys to sleep, and went to sleep as well. We left the interior lights on. So when we got in to drive it yesterday for the first time since mother's day, it was dead. I jumped it, and we drove into town a ways, and it died. We jumped it again, it died again.

I had to replace the alternator. I just got done, and I did it all by myself (well my neighbor dave did come and help out too) The car is fixed, and I payed no labor! That feels good.

No comments: