Tuesday, May 15, 2007

too good not to post

another quote from Mark Yaconelli too good not to post:

"Most churches I know of pray for the coming of the youth ministry messiah. They wait for the dynamo of a young adult who can relieve parents and church members of their burdensome youth, take away all the anxiety over the junior high Sunday school class, and offer forgiveness to the church members saying, "Come to me all you who are heavy burdened and I will give you rest. Your ridiculous attempts at ministry are washed away and forgotten. I release you from all guilt and responsibility. I, the savior to adolecents, am all that is needed. Go now in peace and worry not for your children, for they are safe in my tan and well defined arms."

-Mark Yaconelli, Contemplative Youth Ministry p141-142

No comments: